Aegon Asset Management is a global, active investment manager with a focus on financial security, excellence, trust and partnership.
As a member of the Aegon Group, the history of Aegon Asset Management dates back to 1844. Aegon Asset Management is a part of Aegon Group, one of the world’s leading financial services organizations, providing life insurance, pensions and asset management with more than 1200 dedicated professionals. Institutional and private investors entrust Aegon Asset Management to manage approximately US$395 billion (€352 billion / £298 billion)* worldwide.
Positioned for success in its chosen markets (the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia), Aegon Asset Management’s teams of experienced experts provide high-quality investment solutions across asset classes.
Since 2009 Aegon Hungary Asset Management has been a member of Aegon Asset Management. It is operating as a CEE regional management center of Aegon Asset Management based on its regional expertise.
Aegon Hungary Asset Management indirectly manages Hungarian, Polish, Romanian assets of a value of €2 billion** and assets under the direct management of Aegon Hungary Asset Management are of a value of approximately €2,5 billion**.
* As of December 31, 2019.
** As of March 31, 2020
Aegon Hungary Asset Management is solely owned by Aegon Hungary General Insurance Plc. As one of the most successful Hungarian management companies Aegon Hungary Asset Management is a significant member of the Hungarian investment market.
Aegon Hungary Asset Management, and its predecessor in title, has carried out trust management activity continuously since its formation in 1990. In the early years, it provided this service solely for its founder, Aegon Hungary General Insurance Plc., but since 1995, it has undertaken portfolio management for its other clients as well. According to its trust management branch strategy, it provides trust management services for institutional investors. In the retail market, Aegon Hungary Asset Management is represented via its mutual funds. The Fund Selection Division was launched by Aegon Hungary Asset Management on 1 January 2017 to provide external asset management selection for the CEE regional members of the Aegon Group, third parties and its mutual funds.
More recently, Aegon Hungary Asset Management provides active asset management for institutional, wholesale and retail clients. Its clients are commercial banks, pension funds, insurance companies, other investment institutions and private investors.
In the field of asset management, Aegon Hungary Asset Management offers a range of solutions to its clients to ensure high-level investment solutions and client service.
Investment funds managed by the Company
- Aegon Alfa Derivative Fund
- Aegon Bondmaxx Total Return Bond Fund
- Aegon Central European Equity Fund
- Aegon Domestic Bond Fund
- Aegon Emerging Europe Bond Fund
- Aegon Emerging Market ESG Equity Fund
- Aegon Istanbull Equity Fund
- Aegon International Bond Fund
- Aegon International Equity Fund
- Aegon Maraton Active Mixed Investment Fund
- Aegon MegaTrend Share Investment Fund
- Aegon MoneyMaxx Express Total Return Fund
- Aegon Money Market Fund
- Aegon Ózon Total Return Investment Fund
- Aegon Panoráma Derivative Fund
- Aegon Polish Bond Fund
- Aegon Polish Equity Fund
- Aegon Polish Money Market Fund
- Aegon Russia Equity Fund
- Aegon Smart Money Investment Fund of Funds
- Aegon Tempó Andante 1
- Aegon Tempó Andante 2
- Aegon Tempó Andante 3
- Aegon Tempó Moderato 4
- Aegon Tempó Moderato 5
- Aegon Tempó Moderato 6
- Aegon Tempó Moderato 7
- Aegon Tempó Allegro 8
- Aegon Tempó Allegro 9
- Aegon Tempó Allegro 10
Company’s main details
||1091 Budapest, Üllői út 1.
||1085 Budapest, Kálvin tér 12-13., 7th floor
||+36 1 475 5201
||+36 1 475 5202
|Company registration number
||100% Aegon Magyarország Általános Biztosító Zrt.
|The Company’s core capital
||1.000.000 000 HUF
Scope of activities
The aim of the Company is to serve as an investment fund management company on the Hungarian and on the International markets. Based on the authorization set out in Section III., paragraph 7, point (1), (2) and (3) of Act XVI of 2014 on Collective Investment Forms and its Managers, and on the amendment of financial laws,, the Company is allowed to perform the following activities:
- alternative investment fund management (AIFM) license
- UCITS management license (since 2016)
- keeping records of investors
- the placing on the market and distribution of collective investment undertakings managed by AIFM and UCITS and related administrative tasks
- custody of collective investment securities, custody and related administrative services, etc.
- Act CXXXVIII of 2007 on Investment Firms and Commodity Exchange Service Providers and the Rules on the Activities They May Carry Out. (hereinafter: Bszt.) portfolio management, including the portfolio management of the employing pension institution
- investment advisory license
- securities lending license
Company’s Management Board
Hindrik Eggens – external member
|Chairman of the Board
||Péter Kadocsa – Chief Executive Officer
|Board of Directors
||Bálint Kocsis – Chief Administration Officer
András Loncsák – Chief Investment Officer
Gábor Réti – Chief Risk Officer
|Olaf van den Heuvel, FB Chairman – Aegon Asset Management -Global Operations Officer
Jane Philippa Louise Daniel – Aegon Asset Management – Global Risk Officer
Hindrik Eggens – external member